Registering with a doctor

Whether you are from the UK orabroad we strongly advise thatyouregister with a localGeneral Practitioner (GP)during your time at the Royal Conservatoire. Internationalstudents at RCShave the same access tothe National Health Service (NHS) as those students who are ordinarily resident in the UK. Some NHS services are free and some need to be paid for. More information can be found at UKCISA Healthcare in Scotland

Most Conservatoire students register with Dr Leslie and Partners (Drs Leslie, Ojo and Chetty) at as it is only a short distance awayfrom the Renfrew Street site and Wallace Studios. The address is Woodside Health & Care Centre, 891 Garscube Road, Glasgow, G20 7ER. The contact telephone number is 0141 201 5560

Once you become a student at the Conservatoire you can register online with Dr Leslie and Partners.


Specialist medical care

We have a register of private medical specialists in fieldsrelevant to performance in music, dramaand dance. If you experience a programme-related medical problem that is causing youdifficultiesin your studies and cannot easily be dealt with by your GP, the International and Student Experience team may beable tomake arrangements for you to have a free consultation witha specialist practitioner. You should email in the first instance.

Keeping Fit

For those who are interested in keeping fit there are various gyms/fitness centres in the Glasgow areaand links to those closest to the Conservatoire can be found below:

If you’re an international student on a short-term exchange you might find the gym at Glasgow Caledonian University has the most flexible range of payment options. Having a UK bank accountis not a pre-requisitefor membership. For further information go to

The Students’ Union also offers a number of health and wellbeing classes on a weekly basis. More details will be given to students upon starting their studies.