Extending your visa

If you are progressing from one course of study to another within RCS, or you need extra time to complete your existing course of study, you will need further immigration permission.  Some students can apply for this from within the UK while others cannot.   Please read the UKVI Tier 4 Policy Guidance as it is important to consider whether you’re able to apply for further immigration permission in the UK or whether you’ll need to return home to apply for new entry clearance.  Please note that on 5 October 2020 the Student route will replace Tier 4 and  new rules will be issued.

You can email Sarah Rushforth at international@rcs.ac.uk for further guidance if required. If you meet the rules to allow you to apply for further leave to remain in the UK you can stay in the UK until you get your decision.